CS 4473 is a required course in the OU Computer Science B.S. program.
CS 5473 is an elective course in the OU Computer Science Master’s and Ph.D. program.
Prerequisite: CS 3113 Operating Systems, CS 4413 Algorithm Analysis.
Credit hours: 3.
Semesters offered by Dr. Pan: Spring 2020, Spring 2021.
At the completion of the course, students will be able to
- Explain parallel hardware, parallel software, and computer network
- Develop parallel computer programs with MPI on distributed memory systems
- Develop multi-threaded computer programs with OpenMP on shared memory systems
- Develop accelerated computer programs with CUDA on graphics processing units (GPU)
- Analyze and measure the performance of parallel algorithms
- Use Hadoop and MapReduce for big data analytics
- Explain the TCP/IP layered protocol, socket programming, and other network protocols